Thursday, January 1, 2009

SPECIAL REQUEST


Last Sunday December 28th, a young 38 year old police officer and personal friend of mine committed suicide. I have been asked to Co-officiate the funeral service this Saturday January 3rd.
Services will be at Christ the King Catholic Church and I will be bringing the "sermon". Those who read this article please be in prayer for me as I prepare to honor God and the memory of all who have passed.

Records indicate that more officers are killed by their own efforts than by an act of another person. This of course brings great difficulty for those who are a part of the larger law enforcement family as well as the actual spouse, children, parents.

Again please be in prayer this Saturday as I conduct the services at 10:00am.

1 comment:

Gary Smith said...

Our thoughts and prayers will go out to you. I've posted an item on my weblog you may find of interest.